Start of new enrollment on Friday, February 15, 2019
To enroll a child in the EBK, report to the Main Reception at the school on Friday, February 15, 2019.
The Directorates only are authorized to receive the registration files.
Mr Innocent will open registration at 7:00, at which time, he will distribute numbered tickets which state date and time of arrival. The desk for registration will open at 7:30.
Any request for registration received by the school by email will be sorted in order of arrival (date and time of receipt).
Registration forms will be available for download from Friday, February 15, 2019. This will ensure that these requests are not favoured to the detriment of those parents who have attended the registration in person.
Registration with priorities Close
The closing date for registrations with priorities is Friday, March 15, 2019.
Registrations arriving after March 15th will be considered ‘late.’ . They will be processed according to order of arrival.
All subsequent applications will be submitted to the appropriate Pedagogical Directors or to the School Principal.
During the summer holidays, administrative staff are only authorized to receive complete registration files.
Decision from the ''registration commitee''
By 22 March, admission decisions will be provided to parents. Parents will be advised if their child has been accepted or if they have been placed on the waiting list.
For parents whose children have been accepted for admission to Ecole Belge, they have until April 26th to submit their Admission File. If this file is not submitted, their offer of a place may be withdrawn.
Registration File creation
The file for requesting registration must include the following:
- Registration Form filled in (the form will be available at administration of the school and downloadable here as of 15th of February)
- A photocopy of the child's identity card or passport, confirming surname, first name, date and place of birth,
- A photocopy of the legal representative of the child's identity card of passport.
- Proof of payment of entry fees
- A certificate of school attendance.
Ths can be submitted by email or directly to the school.
Acknowledgement of receipt of the completed file is sent to the parents.
Entry fees amount to:
- 300 € per child for Kindergarten
- 600 € per child for Primary or Secondary school
With a ceiling at 1,500 € per family (or 1710 $ or 1.530.000FRW).
They are to be paid on one of the following accounts:
- ING Bruxelles EURO: IBAN : BE23 3101 1806 8991, BIC : BBRUBEBB
In Rwanda :
- On the EURO account of Equity : 4002211409764 : 300€ per child in kindergarten and 600€ per child in primary or secondary school
- On the USD account of Equity : 4002211409763 : 345$ per child in kindergarten and 685$ per child in primary or secondary school
- On the RWF account of Equity : 4002211409735: 305.000 rwf per child in kindergarten and 615.000 rwf per child in primary or secondary school
As communication, please specify : ENROLLMENT + Name(s) of the child(ren).
Specific admission conditions
For admission in kindergarten
For all new pupils not coming from a Belgian program school, class level will be determined following the age directive from Federation Wallonie-Bruxelles.
For admission in primary school
For all new pupils not coming from a Belgian program school, and those whose schooling has been disrupted, an entrance test will be provided. These will take place in June and August. Class level offered will depend upon the outcome of this test.
For admission in secondary school
For all new students not coming from a Belgian program school, an equivalency file must be filled in and send to Belgium. It is the Equivalency Commitee in Belgium who will determine in which class the student can go.
The Belgian School of Kigali has put in place the following priority system:
0. Children of EBK staff, children with a parent working in Rwanda for the Belgian Cooperation or for the Belgian Embassy.
1. Children with a sibling attending the EBK during Academic Year 2018-19.
2. Children who failed to obtain a place in the previous academic year and siblings of any newly enrolled child who succeeded in obtaining a place, and who are on a waiting list at the time of registration.
3. Children coming from another Belgian school officially recognized (upon presentation of certificate of school attendance)
4. Children of International Expatriates currently living in Rwanda.
Within the same priority group, the principle of ‘first come, first served’ is applied, according to the number assigned at the time of registration.
- EBK will automatically accept any priority 0 student.
- These priorities are in place until March 15th. Following that, applications will be accepted on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
- No priority is given to former students of the EBK
Admission fees are refunded in the following cases:
- when the parents leave the registration procedure (this has to be done by written to the director either by mail or by courrier):
- before June 1st - refund of 50% of entrance fees.
- after June 1st: no refund will be possible.
- when the school cannot accommodate the child: 100% refund of entrance fees.
- in case of a registration during the school year, as soon as the school is confirming to the parents the availability , no refund will be possible.
No refund will be possible in the case where a child is provided a place but fails the entrance test.
Last edited: 12/02/2019